We are often asked to assist with pricing items. If you need assistance in pricing, here are some handy hints:
- Ask friends how much they would pay. Ask yourself how much you would pay for it, knowing the original price and the wear and tear (of a pre-loved item).
- Consider the brand, quality, age and whether it is still popular today.
- Search eBay for the same or similar items. While you will see a list of what is for sale, if you apply the ‘sold’ filter and location ‘Australia’, it will give you a realistic price for local sales.
- Have clear prices on items – this may be in the form of small stickers on individual items or signs on boxes/tubs with one price clearly visible.
- Bundle items (this is a great way to sell more items). Have clear signs and/or tell people about the bundles 3 for $x, 5 for $x, or 10 for $x.
- Be prepared to bargain and be flexible – especially in the last half hour of the day…this is when buyers really want to hunt down a bargain.