In the lead up to the event…
Promote, promote, promote!!! Tell everyone that you are attending – word of mouth is one of the best ways to share details about the event and is the most reported on our feedback and exit surveys!!! You may like to tell people face-to-face, share the details with your school or childcare centre and/or make updates to Facebook Garage Sale or special interest groups.
A week before the event, take ‘sneak peek’ photos of the items you will have for sale and post them to Facebook Garage Sale or special interest groups. Let people know that they are able to pick-up at the event. This helps you gain pre-sales with payment and pick up at the event adding to your sales for the day!
Make sure you provide the event details in your listing, for example:
Date: Saturday, 19th of May 2018
Time: 9.00am – 12.00noon
Location: Mount Annan Leisure Centre, 363 Welling Drive, Mount Annan
Cost: $4 adult entry and kids entry is freeeeee!!!
Items you may like to bring with you…
- Tablecloth for your table
- A kitty of approximately $100 in change and small notes
- Plastic bags to provide to buyers who purchase items from you
- Water and snacks. There will also be food available on the day to purchase. The Mount Annan Leisure Centre CAFE will open at 8.30am just for us!!! Coffee, tea, hot food, soft drinks and more will be available for purchase.
- Lucky door prize or raffle item. If you make a donation, your name or business name will be included in a thank you email to our mailing list. The lucky door prize is free entry for guests, additional tickets can be purchased and the funds will go to Kids of Macarthur Health Foundation.
On the day…Saturday 19th of May 2018
7.15am – Set up commences. BYO trolley, or use a shared trolley to bring your items into the stadium.
8.30am – Take photos and share on local Facebook channels inviting people to the event!!!
9.00am – The event opens to guests!!! Prepare your smile, greet potential buyers and have a chat! Ask potential buyers if they are after something in particular. Let buyers know about the activities happening on the day – details are below and will be updated should stallholders add activities.
9.30am till 11.30am – Face-painting + jumping castle (to be confirmed)!!!
10.30am – A special guest appearance by Paw Patrol mascot Skye.
11.00am – A special guest appearance by Paw Patrol mascot Chase.
11.30am – Entry for both adults and kids is free from 11.30am till 12.00noon. The lucky door prize will be drawn at 11.30am.
12.00noon – Pack down commences.
If you have a question in the lead up to the event, or on the day…
Call Amy on 0449 656 308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org